Monday, December 15, 2008

VIPs

Earlier today, Jason--in a relentless attempt to make me function like a grown-up-- sorted a stack of Very Important Papers for me to go through and identify as 1) save; 2) shrederate; 3) WTF.

Category 3 is a pile I invented myself, for items that I don't know what I'm supposed to do with. Like -- address labels from the humane society with my address and kittens! Who throws that away? They probably spent a lot of money on the printing. I bet I could use these someday.

Anyway, the cat was like "SHREDERATE!" and I was like, hold on, I'm not done sorting yet.

In this holiday season of annual appeals (LOOK--I am sorry PBS, you are not getting any more money from me until someone answers my email about why the digital station won't work and NPR, you are not getting any money either: I want MORE talking and LESS classical and no I won't subscribe to your HD whatever) I think about people with lots of money and all the mail they must receive this time of year.

For them, I wish personal assistants to hang the holiday cards and pay the bills and give the money that needs to be given, and cats with sharp claws to turn the rest to confetti.

1 comment:

  1. Re: NPR, I was sorely disappointed when I discovered that Houston's NPR station was all Classical and New Age music, with about two hours of talk thrown in every day. I've been streaming St. Louis' station over my computer in retaliation.

    ReplyDelete

Sitemeter